The payroll department is often required to work closely with the department. Once the payroll is complete, the payroll department forwards the payroll totals to the accountant. And then employees’ pay is available in the bank and reconciles wages and taxes. The job of Payroll Accountant was established for the purpose/s of providing support to department activities with specific responsibility for ensuring the accuracy of preliminary and final payroll reports, time sheets, spreadsheets, and funds distribution ;responding to inquiries and/or requests for data and/or reports; providing timely and accurate payroll production; and directing assigned employees.
We are looking for an objective payroll accountant that can conduct audits in areas of accounting, finance, information technology or security.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Directs auditors for the purpose of providing supporting documentation and/or information on internal process that is required for audit.
*Internal controls for the purpose of maintaining the efficient flow of financial processes.
* Purpose of providing internal financial controls throughout the district and ensuring compliance with established accounting practices and all applicable regulatory requirements.
* Collaborates with other administrative personnel and/or outside agencies (e.g. district personnel, for the purpose of implementing and maintaining services and/or programs.
* Compiles statistical and payroll data from a variety of sources (e.g. time sheets/payroll, salary adjustments, longevity pay, union dues, benefits, leave balances, tax deposits, etc to other personnel and/or ensuring compliance with established guidelines.
* Coordinates processing system for payroll for the purpose of ensuring the system is operating efficiently, effectively, and accurately.
* Informs other staff and/or outside parties regarding procedural requirements for the purpose of processing transactions.
* Monitors assigned payroll activities and/or program components (e.g. County, State, for the purpose of ensuring compliance with administrative requirements .Participates in workshops, trainings, etc for the purpose of dispatching and/or gathering information required to perform job functions.
* Prepares a batch of payroll related documents (e.g. invoices for overpayments, special pay from schools, retirement plan transfers, worker’s compensation checks, risk, budget management, for the purpose of documenting activities, providing with written reference and conveying information.
* Processes a wide variety of payroll documents and materials (e.g. time , leaves, stipends, and so on) for the purpose of disseminating information to respective parties.
* suggest issues that relate to financial operations for the purpose of providing direction and/or making decisions for the district.
* Reconciles payroll account balances (e.g. time sheets, involuntary contributions, etc.) for the work of maintenance of accurate account balances and complying with established guidelines.
* Researches discrepancies of payroll information and/or documentation (e.g. time sheets, leave time, for the purpose of ensuring accuracy and adherence to procedures prior to processing.
* Resolves discrepancies with payroll and/or benefit information and/or documentation (e.g. payroll, withholding versus W4, late hires, leaves of absence for the purpose of ensuring accuracy of records and employee payments).
* Responds to inquiries regarding payroll procedures (e.g. wage, direct deposits, etc.)
* Reviews payroll and a variety of insurance-related information (e.g. payroll reports, FMLA, payroll and insurance records.
* Supervises a wide variety of payroll information and data entry (e.g. direct deposits, garnishments, investments, voluntary of documentation and compliance with established policies and regulatory guidelines.
* Supervises payroll specialists (e.g. train for the purpose of department in accordance with District policies).
JOB SKILL AND ABILITIES
* Technical tasks with a need to occasionally upgrade skills in order to meet changing the job method.
* Preparing and maintaining accurate records.
* Using pertinent software applications and supervision of employees.
* Knowledge is required to perform basic math, including calculations using fractions technical information, compose a variety of papers, and honour group discussions
* Ability to solve satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include
* Principles and techniques involved in payroll control
* Payroll related accounting practices; labour contracts and their impact on payroll; and State and Federal Laws and State Education Code.
* Ability is to schedule a number of meetings, and/or events, classify data and use job related equipment.
* High level flexibility is required to work with others in a wide variety of circumstances, analyze data utilizing defined but different processes.
* Operating equipment using defined methods. which requires to work with a diversity of individuals and/or groups; work with a variety of data; and utilize job based equipment.
* Abilities to solving problem with data frequently requires independent interpretation of guidelines; and problem solving with equipment is not abundant.
* Communication and influential ability on diverse groups; maintaining confidentiality; meeting deadlines and schedules; setting priorities; and working as part of a team with detailed information/data.
Interested candidates should have;
* A post-secondary degree preferably in business, finance, accounting or related field
* Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Outlook, and Visio).
* Proven working experience. Applicants may even have a master’s degree in business, finance, accounting or related field
* Professional certificate(s) and qualification(s) might be an added advantage
MODE OF APPLICATION
* Interested candidates should forward their CV details to broadviewstrategies @gmail.com
* Candidates can also opt to send their Full names, Date of Birth, Current contact address, Valid phone number, Age, Years of experience and Job applying for to 09*********
* Candidates can also opt to send their Full names, Date of Birth, Current contact address, Valid phone number, Age, Years of experience and Job applying for to the advert message box.
* Candidates should comply with all requirements and instructions enlisted failure to do so will lead to AUTOMATIC disqualification.
* Candidates should only call the phone number attached to the advert daily during working hours of 8am-4pm (Monday-Saturday).
* Only shortlisted candidates would be contacted