MY KEY SKILLS CAPACITY (MOTIVATIONAL STATEMENT)
• I make sure the financial, administrative, and operational management responsibilities for program activities led by Jhpiego MCSP/Nigeria Maternal, Newborn, and Child Health program are achieves.
• I make sure these activities are being implemented at the state level (Kogi and Ebonyi states).
• I will also provide more limited support for the MCSP/Nigeria program at the states.
• This position ( Finance officer ) will manage and supervise the setup and maintenance of accounting, procurement, and financial reporting systems required to support implementation of the MCSP/Nigeria program’s in the states.
• I also have supervisory responsibilities for two Finance Assistants, one in Kogi state and the other in Ebonyi state.
• I work under the supervision of Jhpiego Compliance officer who is based in Abuja, to ensure the program’s compliance with USAID accounting systems and procedures, all relevant USAID rule and regulations, and all financial and legal requirements of the Government of Nigeria.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Support and be accountable for PAN/NISONM financial, administrative, and logistical support systems, practices, tools, and records in the states.
• Establish and maintain strong communications and coordination with other MCSP implementing partners in country, particularly Jhpiego, and with the Child Health to support teams at Home Office, to maximize operational effectiveness and cost efficiencies.
• Provide day-to-day supervision, mentorship, and support to PAN/NISONM MCSP/Nigeria program finance assistants in Kogi and Ebonyi who are supporting MCSP PAN/NISONM staff and operations in these states.
• Ensure the timely preparation and submission of monthly financial and other administrative reports to Jhpiego and other program finance staff, as required.
• Lead the preparation of monthly cash-flow requests for the states level.
• Ensure compliance with USAID regulations and with Jhpiego procedures for the implementation of all program activities. Maintain all financial and administrative (including Human Resource) documentation according to local practices and labor laws.
• Support the procurement and maintenance of program inventory procured by PAN/NISONM according to USAID rules and regulations.
• Support any internal or external audits or financial reviews of PAN/NISONM and/or MCSP operations in Nigeria as required.
• Review and process purchase orders according to USAID and Jhpiego regulations.
• Maintain Abuja office petty cash, and prepare petty cash journals for the monthly closeout of MCSP activity field accounts.
• Organize and support travel logistics for program staff, including booking accommodations and processing travel and other advance requests, per diem, and reimbursements. Process and/or supervise the processing of transportation allowances and per diems for training/workshop/ meeting participants, and compile and maintain all necessary supporting documentation.
• Coordinate logistics and other arrangements needed to secure meeting venues, equipment, and materials as required; participate in internal and external meetings as appropriate.
• Coordinate and track the submission, review, and processing of PAN/NISONM staff timesheets and leave requests.
• Provide additional support for administrative and financial activities as needed